CNN gloats “Trump just got checked and balanced,” but it should say, “Y’all Got Trumped!”
A”so-called judge” has overturned President Trump’s immigration order (actual text – what media give you that?) blocking entry to immigrants and travelers from certain countries (Iran, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan and Libya), because those countries (Iran, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan and Libya) are said to have lots of radical Islamic terrorists.
To put it another way: Liberals got a federal judge to overturn it.
Or another way: Now people from these seven countries can come into our country.
Or another: And destroy it.
Or another: Or just loaf around. But mostly destroy it.
I don’t think President Trump is all that sad (Sad!) about this overturn of events. If any one of these immigrants or tourists commits a terrorist act, or even just a crime or leaves a bad tip, President Trump gets to say I told you so, with a dash of liberals and so-called judges are just all going to get us all killed.
I swear, I came up with that idea on my own about how Trump made this move. Then I decided to get the link to the Trump Tweet I referenced above (“so-called judge”), and I saw this Tweet by Trump:
Actually, I was trying to post the Tweet that says:
“The judge opens up our country to potential terrorists and others that do not have our best interests at heart. Bad people are very happy!”
But it wouldn’t copy! The other one is what copied. People who don’t like accuracy in links are very happy! So I got 2 for 1. A great deal. The Art of the Deal.
Liberals will not enjoy trying to argue their way out of this one – the one where someone from one of these seven countries comes in today or anytime after and commits a terrorist act or even a crime in our country. A parking violation will be enough for many Americans to throw up their hands and say, “This wouldn’t have happened if that so-called judge had just let President Trump protect us!”
Backlash against liberals and rule of law coming soon?
In a very short video from MoveOn.org, “Why Democrats Must Fight for America,” Rob Reich asks Democrats why they didn’t push harder in the vote recount cases (brought by Green candidate Jill Stein); object to the Electoral College vote instead of rubber-stamping it on January 6; why they haven’t objected to Trump’s conflicts of interest; his appointment of family members to the White House; “kept the heat” on the investigation of Russia involvement in Trump’s campaign; or “used every procedural tool at proposal to slow approval of Trump’s terrible cabinet appointees.” He also asks, “Why did 13 Senate Democrats [including rising star Cory Booker, which Reich doesn’t mention] vote against Bernie Sanders’ proposal to import prescription drugs from Canada?”
Reich offers the standard answers (Democrats don’t want to be sore losers, they want to take the high road, etc.).
Reich neglects the obvious answers: Democrats don’t care. They’re beholden to the same interests. They’re a fake opposition party. Remember back in the George W. Bush years, when the Democrat majority in Congress stood up to Bush and dismantled his assault on civil liberties, human rights, and his military assault on Afghanistan and Iraq?
I don’t, either. It never happened. Instead, the Democrat majority just went along.
The Democrats’ nominating pro-war, corporate-owned Hillary Clinton explains their true nature. Recall that the party was able to crown Clinton only by relying on the votes of party-insider “super-delegates,” because Clinton couldn’t win the requisite number of regular delegates based on popular voting. Too many people voted for Bernie Sanders.
Reich calls on us to call on elected Democrats to say “you want them to fight as if your life, and the well-being of your family and community, depends on it — which they do.”
There should be no need to call any Democrats. Certainly, they see what’s going on even more clearly than we do.
Elected Republicans don’t wait until their constituents call them before taking action. President Trump certainly doesn’t.
Given the real reasons Democrats don’t/won’t “fight back,” it’s clear that calling them is a waste of time.
Our laws seem more and more the result of legislators and judges accepting the propaganda that drowns out reasoned discussion in the U.S.
– Money floods politics because corporations have “free speech rights,” and money is speech.
– An American Gulag has developed in the past decade at Guantanamo and beyond because there is an overwhelming number of “terrorists” who are so dangerous that they cannot be contained by regular U.S. prisons or be tried under regular U.S. laws lest they go free on one of the many “pro-criminal” “technicalities” that regularly return dangerous offenders to the streets.
– In Florida and other states, the risk of random, violent death is so acute that regular citizens should carry handguns and should not even have to inquire into whether they can break off a supposedly dangerous engagement and preserve human life but instead may “stand their ground” and open fire.
– Everyone who is arrested may be strip-searched and have their body cavities probed by police because every mild-mannered American could be an Al-Qaeda terrorist with a bomb up his ass — this per the U.S. Supreme Court in Florence v. Board of Chosen Freeholders of County of Burlington et al. (2012).
– “Tort Reform” is necessary, because too many people falsely claim injuries, and unreasonable, anti-business juries lavishly award them enormous sums of money to redistribute wealth to malingerers.
– Voting laws must be manipulated and amended and revoked to prevent “socialists” and “liberals” and “communists” from taking over the U.S., led, of course, by President Obama.
– Wars must be waged against puny, powerless countries to prevent American women from being forced to wear burquas.
– War itself cannot be regulated by law – it’s a matter of politics on whether the U.S. should start a war, and it’s a matter of military discretion in how the U.S. wages war.
These ideas are “lawpaganda” – the deadly-to-democracy combination of law and propaganda, the deadly lack of reflection that is destroying our legal system. LAWPAGANDA seeks to discuss this phenomenon.